Entrance Examination:Admission to the School is open to
Girls on All India Basis. However Karnataka Native /
Karnataka Domicile Girls with Five year or more stay while
applying for admission are only eligible for the Government of
Karnataka Merit Scholarship. Only one chance will be allowed
to any candidate for taking the entrance examination for
admission to class VI. Girls with age ranging between 10 to 12
years. as on 1st June of the year of the admission only will be
eligible. They must have passed Standard V from a
recognized School. The Entrance examinations will be held
during the month of January for which a maximum of 200
marks have been allotted as under:
||Medium of examination
||Language Proficiency Test
b) Kannada / Hindi
|25 Each(Total 50)
||English / Kannada
||IQ [ Mental Ability Test ]
||English / Kannada
Note: Passing in english proficiency test as a part of language ability [sl.no 1(a)] is compulsory, for being considered to be declared as qualified, in the written examination.
|Physical Fitness Test, Interview and Medical Examinations:
It is Compulsory for all Girls who qualify in the written examinations to appear for Physical Fitness Test, Interview and Medical Examinations as per Merit list based on the obtained in written entrance examinations. The Candidates who qualify the written, will be individually informed as per the merit list and also depending on the number of expected vacancies. The interview / Viva Voce Marks for class VI will be 50 Marks secured in the interview will be added to those secured in the written examination for determining the final orders of merit for admission. It is mandatory for all girls to pass the physical fitness test consisting of Running 1 Km, Standing Broad Jump and Vertical Jump to attain minimum fitness standard. The medical examinations will be conducted by Board consisting of Civil Doctors.
It may be noted that the number of candidates called for interview, Physical fitness test and Medical Examination is more than the number of seats available in order to cover absentees, rejection in interview and Medical examination. Therefore it may be clearly understood that qualifying in the written test, interview and medical does not constitute any commitment on the part of the school to admit the candidate. Admission will be made strictly according to merit list prepared vis-a-vis the availability of vacancies.
The School shall accept an adoption as valid as per the rules on the subject. Adoption cases will be supported by the registration in a court of Law not less then two years before first of June of the year of admission.
Of the Total seats available, 15percent of the seats are reserved for
the SC Candidates and 3 percent Seats are reserved for ST
Candidates. In case the required SC/ ST Candidates are not
available the vacancies will be filled in by General Category
Candidates. Reservation to various categories will be as per
Government of Karnataka orders. In addition 02 seats are
reserved for children of Defence service personnel including
ex-servicemen and 02 seats are reserved for Kittur Hobli
Admission of the cadets [Karnataka State Domicile] on
State Government Scholarship schemes are made for Std VI
only. At present 354 scholarships under the scheme are made
available in the school. Admissions are made every year only
against the scholarship seats vacated by the Girls who leave
the school on completion of Class XII or for any other valid
Full Fee Payment Scheme :
The candidates who are low in the order of the Merit for
Admission to the School may be admitted to class VI in case
vacancies exist on full fee payment scheme. However, the
school Management reserves the right to admit cadets to
standard VI and Class XI [Science Stream] on full fee payment
scheme every year to a limited number of seats available for
Applications for admission to full fee payment seat to standard
VI are to be sent during February / March of the Academic Year
previous to the one in which admission is sought. A suitability
test will be conducted for admission in April / May at Kittur.
Admissions are based on the Performance of the candidates
in the Suitability Test including Viva Voce [interview]. The child
has to go through Medical Examination and Physical Fitness
Test. The Suitability Test would include Language ability
[English], Mathematics and Mental Ability [I.Q.].
The cadets after admission may be allowed to be withdrawn
from the school for the following reasons:
1. On poor academic performance
2. On disciplinary grounds
3. On Medical grounds
4. On Non Payment of fee dues
5. On Parents Request
Documents required for Admission
Parents / Guardians of the girls must submit the following
documents at the time of admission:
1. Proof of age. The parents may produce one of the
following documents as applicable to them as
proof of date of birth.
* Transfer certificate duly countersigned by the
BEO / DDPI of the concerned Block / District in
case of girls who have previously attended a
* Certificate extract from the Register of Births
issued by the Registrar of Births and Deaths, in
case of girls who have not previously attended a
* Serving / Retired service personnel will produce
necessary Part - II orders / Certificates from the
CO, Record / Service Headquarters furnishing
date of Birth of the Girls as entered in the service
records of the parent.
2. Attested copy of Discharge certificate in case of
retired service personnel.
3. Agreement to be executed by the parents with the
School and State Government if any.
4. Affidavit and Certificate of income as applicable.
5. Affidavit and Certificate of Domicile from the
6. Certificate of Medical fitness.
7. Caste Certificate in respect of SC/ST Candidates from the prescribed authority.
All the agreement and affidavits will be executed by the Father
of the Girl. The Mother may execute the Documents only if she
is the legal guardian. Other guardians may execute the
Documents only if both the Parents are not alive, however
documentary proof will have to be produced by the guardians
in such cases. In the case of adopted children original
Adoption Deed will be produced for verification.
Legal Disputes :
All disputes are subjected to Kittur legal Jurisdiction
INSTRUCTIONS TO PARENTS
Please read the following instructions carefully while filling the Application Form.
1. Parents are required to furnish only authenticated facts to ensure that no information is concealed, modified/altered.
2. All entries in the application form and its accompaniments should be filled in ink in English, neatly and clearly, in bold
CAPITAL LETTERS. No column should be left blank. If there are no particulars to be filled in, write “NIL” in the space
provided. Applications which do not fulfill the prescribed requirements will be rejected.
3. Only applications on the printed forms, supplied by the school, will be accepted. Documents/Certificates attached along
with the application form will not be returned.
4. Incomplete applications are liable to be rejected. No correspondence on the subject will be entertained.
5. The application with its accompaniments must reach the school before the last date specified. Applications received after
the last date or unaccompanied by required documents/certificates/photographs/registration fees will be rejected.
6. The application is to be signed by the father of the candidates. If the father is not alive, mother will sign it. A guardian may
sign the application if both father and mother of the candidates are not alive. The signature must cover partly the photograph
and partly the application form.
7. No municipal / hospital birth extract, horoscope, affidavit is acceptable as evidence of age. Application with date of birth
certificate issued by the previous school of study is acceptable.
8. Once the date of birth, caste or domicile as claimed by the parents are accepted by the school authorities, no subsequent
change will be permissible, since the records and information gets passed on to CBSE.
9. The registration fees will not be refunded once the application is registered.
10. The total income from all the sources given by the parent is subject to verification by the State Government revenue
authorities. Government employees should give the details of their pay and allowance i.e. Basic Pay, Dearness Allowance,
Compensatory Allowance etc.
11. Any other enclosure if submitted by the parent with the application is not returnable under any circumstances.
12. Any dispute is subject to Kittur Jurisdiction.
13. Office Timings: School office functions between 9.30 A.M. to 1.30 P.M. and 3.00 P.M. to 5.30 P.M. On Mondays the office
works between 9.30 A.M. to 1.30 P.M. except general holidays.
14. In case of any other information required by the parents towards filling and submitting the application form they may contact
the Admission Cell or The School Authority