Entrance Examination:Admission to the School is open to Girls on All India Basis. However Karnataka Native / Karnataka Domicile Girls with stay of five years or more while applying for admission are only eligible for the Government of Karnataka Merit Scholarship. Only one chance will be allowed to any candidate for taking the entrance examination for admission to class VI. Girls with age ranging between 10 to 12 years as on 1st June of the year of the admission only will be eligible. They must have passed Standard V from a recognized School. The Entrance examination will be held during the month of January for which a maximum of 200 marks have been allotted as under:
||Medium of examination
||Language Proficiency Test
b) Kannada / Hindi
|25 Each(Total 50)
||English / Kannada
||English / Kannada
||IQ [ Mental Ability Test ]
||English / Kannada
Note: Passing in english proficiency test as a part of language ability [sl.no 1(a)] is compulsory, for being considered to be declared as qualified, in the written examination.
|Physical Fitness Test, Interview and Medical Examinations:
It is Compulsory for all girls who qualify in the written examinations to appear for Physical Fitness Test, Interview and Medical Examinations as per Merit list based on the written Entrance Examinations. The Candidates, who qualify the written, will be individually informed as per the merit list and also depending on the number of expected vacancies. The interview / Viva Voce Marks for class VI will be 50. Marks secured in the Interview will be added to those secured in the written examination for determining the final orders of merit for admission. It is mandatory for all girls to pass the physical fitness test consisting of Running 1 Km, Broad Jump and Vertical Jump to attain minimum fitness standard. The Medical Examinations will be conducted by a Board consisting of Qualified Doctors.
It may be noted that the number of candidates called for interview, Physical Fitness Test and Medical Examination is more than the number of seats available in order to cover absentees, rejection in interview and Medical examination. Therefore it may be clearly understood that qualifying in the written test, interview and Medical Test does not constitute any commitment on the part of the school to admit the candidate. Admission will be made strictly according to merit list prepared vis-a-vis the availability of vacancies.
The School shall accept an adoption as valid as per the rules on the subject. Adoption cases will be supported by the registration in a court of Law for a period of not less than two years before first of June of the year of admission.
Of the Total seats available, 15% of the seats are reserved for the SC Candidates and 3 % Seats are reserved for ST Candidates. In case the required SC/ ST Candidates are not available the vacancies will be filled in by General Category Candidates. Reservation to various categories will be as per Government of Karnataka rules. In addition 02 seats are reserved for children of Defence service personnel including Ex-servicemen and 02 seats are reserved for Kittur Hobli Candidates.
Admission of the Students [Karnataka State Domicile] on State Government Scholarship schemes are made for Std VI only. At present 354 scholarships under the scheme are made available in the school. Admissions are made every year only against the scholarship seats vacated by the Girls who leave the school on completion of Class XII or for any other valid reasons.
Full Fee Payment Scheme :
The candidates who do not qualify for Scholarship may be admitted to class VI in case vacancies exist under full fee payment scheme. However, the school Management reserves the right to admit students to standard VI and Class XII [Science Stream] under full fee payment scheme every year to a limited number of seats available for admission. Applications for admission to full fee payment seat to standard VI are to be sent during February / March of the Academic Year previous to the one in which admission is sought. A suitability test will be conducted for admission in April / May at Kittur. Admissions are based on the Performance of the candidates in the Suitability Test including Viva Voce [interview]. The girl has to go through Medical Examination and Physical Fitness Test. The Suitability Test would include Language ability [English], Mathematics and Mental Ability [I.Q.].
The students after admission may be allowed to be withdrawn from the school for the following reasons:
- On poor academic performance
- On disciplinary grounds
- On Medical grounds
- On Non Payment of fee dues
- On Parents Request.
Documents required for Admission
Parents / Guardians of the girls must submit the following documents at the time of admission:
- Proof of age. The parents may produce one of the following documents as applicable to them as proof of date of birth.
- Transfer certificate duly countersigned by the BEO / DDPI of the concerned Block / District in case of girls who have previously attended a recognized school.
- Serving / Retired service personnel will produce necessary Part - II orders / Certificates from the CO, Record / Service Headquarters furnishing date of Birth of the Girls as entered in the service records of the parent.
- Attested copy of Discharge certificate in case of retired service personnel.
- Agreement to be executed by the parents with the School and State Government if any.
- Affidavit and Certificate of income as applicable.
- Affidavit and Certificate of Domicile from the Tahsildar.
- Certificate of Medical fitness.
- Caste Certificate in respect of SC/ST/OBC Candidates from the prescribed authority.
All the agreement and affidavits will be executed by the Father of the Girl. The Mother may execute the Documents only if she is the legal guardian. Other Guardians may execute the Documents only if both the Parents are not alive, however documentary proof will have to be produced by the guardians in such cases. In the case of adopted children original Adoption Deed will be produced for verification.
Legal Disputes :
All disputes are subjected to Kittur legal Jurisdiction.
INSTRUCTIONS TO PARENTS
Please read the following instructions carefully while filling the Application Form.
- Parents are required to furnish only authenticated facts to ensure that no information is concealed, modified/altered.
- All entries in the application form and its accompaniments should be filled in ink in English, neatly and clearly, in bold CAPITAL LETTERS. No column should be left blank. If there are no particulars to be filled in, write “NIL” in the space provided. Applications which do not fulfil the prescribed requirements will be rejected.
- Only applications on the printed forms, supplied by the school, will be accepted. Documents/Certificates attached along with the application form will not be returned.
- Incomplete applications are liable to be rejected. No correspondence on the subject will be entertained.
- The application with its accompaniments must reach the school before the last date specified. Applications received after the last date or not accompanied with required documents/ certificates/ photographs/ registration fees will be rejected.
- The application is to be signed by the Father of the candidate. If the Father is not alive, Mother will sign it. A Guardian may sign the application if both Father and Mother of the candidate are not alive. The signature must cover partly the photograph and partly the application form.
- No Municipal / Hospital birth extract, horoscope, affidavit is acceptable as evidence of age. Application with Date of Birth Certificate issued by the previous school of study is acceptable.
- Once the Date of Birth, Caste or Domicile as claimed by the parents are accepted by the school authorities, no subsequent change will be permissible, since the records and information gets passed on to CBSE.
- The registration fees will not be refunded once the application is registered.
- The total income from all the sources given by the parent is subject to verification by the State Government revenue authorities. Government employees should give the details of their pay and allowance i.e. Basic Pay, Dearness Allowance, and Compensatory Allowance et Cetera.
- Any other enclosure if submitted by the parent with the application is not returnable under any circumstances.
- Any dispute is subject to Kittur Jurisdiction.
- Office Timings: School office functions between 9.30 A.M. to 1.30 P.M. and 3.00 P.M. to 5.30 P.M. On Mondays the office works between 9.30 A.M. to 1.30 P.M. except general holidays.
- In case of any other information required by the parents towards filling and submitting the application form they may contact the Admission Cell or The School Authority.